Rental Policies & Conditions
1. Reservations are encouraged and accepted up to 1 year in advance.
2. Rates are based on property features, location, and season, and can be found listed with each property. Rates are subject to change without notice. A cleaning fee will be charged to your quoted rate. This cleaning fee varies with each property. Sales taxes will be added to all reservations.
3. Rental Payment is due in full, in advance or 30 days prior to your arrival date.
Forms of Payment: All major Credit and Debit Cards, PayPal, Cash, Money Orders, Cashiers checks. Personal checks are accepted if received 30 days prior to your arrival date.
Please note:Credit/debit card and Paypal payments for rentals are subject to a 4% transaction fee
To avoid this fee Money orders and personal check are accepted as stated above.
4. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures. We will not be flexible with refunds under any circumstances.
5. A Security Deposit is required and must be received within ten (10) days of initial reservation. The amount will vary according to the unit reserved. If the Security Deposit is not received within ten (10) days of booking, your reservation may be canceled. If you do not call to cancel your reservation, or simply do not show up for your stay, the Security Deposit will be forfeited.
6. Cancellations: A $200 cancellation fee will be charged for all cancelled reservations. Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival will forfeit advanced rental Payments
7. Security/ Damage Deposit Refund. If there is no damage or theft to the unit or property and all policies and conditions are followed, the deposit will be refunded within 30 business days, or as soon as all checks (if paid by personal check) have cleared the bank. If repairs are required as a result of your stay, we reserve the right to apply the deposit to offset the expense of repairs.
8. Pools may be heated at designated times of the year. Please inquire regarding a specific accommodation.
9. Unit Assignments when you book your reservation, a unit will be assigned. No unit requested is guaranteed, however, and we do reserve the right to change unit assignments.
10. Maximum Number of Guests per unit is limited to two (2) persons in an efficiency, Four (4) persons in a one bedroom, Six (6) persons in a one bedroom with hall bunks or a two bedroom, Eight (8) persons in a three bedroom, and 10 persons in a four bedroom, unless designated unit specifies otherwise. Violation of this policy will automatically result in forfeiture of full deposit. Immediate checkout and/or extra-person charge may also be required. NO EXCEPTIONS!
11. Family Rental Only. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults (under 25) unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian in the unit for the entire stay. Reservation made under false pretenses maybe subject to forfeiture of advance rental payments and/or security deposit (Exceptions to this policy must be in writing from rental agent) an exception is available for married persons under 25.
12. Spring Break Policy Many of our vacation homes are family rentals only. A parent must be staying in the unit at all times. Our rental units are monitored for violation of this policy, and all violators will be evicted, in accordance to F.S. 509.141 bookings made under false pretense are null and void, and check-in will not be allowed. This policy includes reservations made by parents that do not check-in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay (Exceptions to this policy must be in writing from rental agent).
13. Check-in Time is after 5:00 p.m. Check-out time is before 10 a.m.
14. Key Policy. Unit keys and pool tags (when applicable) will be presented at check-in and must be returned at check-out. There will be a charge of $10.00 for each key and/or pool tag not returned at check-out. In the event you are locked out after business hours, call our business number (850) 650-0114. Please leave a message if no one answers and we will get back with you as soon as possible. A lock-out fee of $25.00 is charged.
15. We appreciate you reporting all maintenance items and we will respond to them as soon as possible. Please understand that if you are the cause of a maintenance call, your security deposit will be charged.
16. Housekeeping. Your vacation accommodations will be cleaned to quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. If accommodations are left damaged or unusually messy (such as unwashed dishes, food, or garbage left in unit, or stains on furniture or carpet) Guest understands that they will be charged for any extra cleaning or repairs.
17. Linens/Towels/Supplies. Although linens are furnished, please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets, as linens are not to be removed from the unit. Any lost or damaged linens will be deducted from your deposit. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set up of Paper towels, trash liners, bathroom tissue and soap is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
18. All Units provide the same basic furnishings and equipment.
19. Units may have one or more lockers/closets that are reserved for storage of owner’s property and are not included in the rental.
20. Smoking is Strictly Prohibited inside non smoking rental units. Your Damage deposit will be forfeited and you will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found in your non smoking unit.
21. Absolutely No Pets Allowed in the Rental Units or on the Premises. Your Damage deposit will be forfeited and you will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and flea spray if any evidence of a pet(s) is found in your unit or on the premises (Exceptions to this policy must be in writing from rental agent)
22. Units may not be sublet.
23. Agent will not be held responsible for acts of theft or vandalism or other damages to the guest’s personal property or items left in the unit.
24. Good Neighbor Policy Many of our rental properties are located in mix-use neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year-round residents. Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are provided for each property. All guests, as well as owners, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction, according to Florida Statutes 509.141.
a) Please abide by all noise, traffic, and refuse rules, and respect the rights and space of nearby homeowners and other rental guests.
b) Please park in your designated areas only. Most properties allow for only two (2) vehicles, no boats and/or trailers. Specific properties do have vehicle restrictions. Please inquire.
25. Returned Check Policy all returned checks will subject to a $50.00 Service charge.
26. Guest acknowledges that Destin Resort Rentals, Inc. is the agent of the property owner and will be paid by the owner. All monies are placed in an interest-bearing bank account with interest payable to agent.
27. Taxes are as follows: Okaloosa County 11%, Walton County 11.5%
Thank you for choosing accommodations managed by Destin Resort Rentals, Inc. Have a great stay, and if we can be of further assistance, feel free to call us at 850-650-0114 or e-mail us at [email protected]